NPS (Net Promoter Score) is a metric used to measure customer loyalty and satisfaction. It was created in 2003 by business strategist and author Fred Reichheld.
Reichheld proposed that by asking customers a single question – How likely are you to recommend our product/service to a friend or colleague? – businesses could improve their reputation and build better customer relationships.
Large and small businesses alike benefit from regularly sending out NPS surveys. This is typically done via email, and there are numerous tools that can help automate the process.
What’s the best NPS tool for your company? Read on to find out.
Intuitive, efficient, flexible, with great aesthetics and customizable designs. Simplesat is one of the easiest ways to create and share NPS surveys – as well as CSAT, CES, 5-star surveys, and customizable questionnaires.
Best features 🌟
- Appealing, friendly design: increase feedback rates by using eye-catching survey aesthetics. You can customize the look and feel of your surveys to match your brand identity and maintain a consistent customer experience.
- Multiple survey channels: you can send out Simplesat surveys through email, web, etc. You can also add a survey to your email signature or send it directly from Simplesat’s website.
- Real-time feedback delivered to MS Teams or a Slack channel of your choice.
- Simplesat integrates with your existing tools, which means you can collect customer satisfaction data directly through Intercom, ConnectWise, Zendesk, Autotask, Salesforce, Freshdesk, HubSpot, or any other helpdesk or CRM. Custom integrations are an option too.
- Reporting and analytics: Simplesat offers a robust dashboard that lets you track changes over time. Sudden drops in NPS are a danger sign you can’t afford to ignore!
- Customer segmentation: because it’s easy to filter and segment your feedback data with Simplesat dashboards, you can pinpoint which customer demographics are losing faith in your brand. This information lets you address the problem head-on.
- Great price for high-volume users
- Standard – $99/m annually ($119/m for the monthly subscription) – Unlimited surveys, feedback, users, customers.
- Pro – $199/m annually ($249/m for the monthly subscription) – In addition to everything from the Standard package, you also get custom survey design and URLs. The pro package also offers multi-brand support.
Delighted is a ‘self-serve experience management platform’ for customer feedback. It makes distribution seamless through various channels like email, web, SMS, and links. The setup process is straightforward and user-friendly. Delighted offers integration capabilities with Slack, Shopify, Salesforce, Zendesk, and more.
Best features 🌟
- Simplified survey engagement: customers can engage with surveys directly within their email, eliminating the need for external links.
- Customization: Delighted empowers you with innovative branding and customization options, ensuring that your surveys align with your brand.
- Intelligent sampling: get a representative sample of feedback while managing survey volume.
- Multilingual support: you can access Delighted’s customer support in over three dozen languages.
- Protection against over-surveying, meaning you can’t send too many surveys all at once (which would spam the customer).
- Freemium – for teams of 4 or less, you can send up to 1000 surveys a month
- Premium – $224/m (annual) – monthly survey limit of 10,000
- Premium Plus – $449/m (annual) – monthly survey limit of 20,000
Survicate offers a powerful customer feedback solution designed to streamline the deployment of NPS surveys across various communication channels – including email, shareable links, in-product interfaces, websites, and chatbots.
Best features 🌟
- Tailored customization: Survicate provides an NPS template that can be easily tailored to suit individual needs. This tool offers automation and recurring surveys based on triggers.
- Branding flexibility: you can customize surveys with branding elements, including logos, colors, and custom CSS. Additionally, the option to remove Survicate branding (for paid subscriptions) offers branding consistency.
- Custom integrations and integrations with popular platforms like HubSpot, ActiveCampaign, Klaviyo, and Intercom.
- Robust export and filtering options. You can export customer feedback to comprehensive .csv or .xls reports, employing date and score filters (or advanced filters with custom attributes) for precise analysis.
- Actionable alerts: receive contextual alerts through team management systems like Slack or Microsoft Teams, enabling swift follow-up actions.
- Freemium Plan: All features unlocked, including a single survey for up to 7 days with unlimited responses. (These polls include Survicate branding.)
- Paid Plans: Starting at $89 per month, Survicate offers unlimited seats and expanded survey capabilities.
NiceReply is designed to simplify the process of sharing tailored surveys, enabling you to boost your NPS response rates. This tool also streamlines KPI tracking and report generation for your convenience.
Best features 🌟
- Automated post-resolution surveys allow you to collect feedback effortlessly after resolving a ticket or conversation. This is usually used for CSAT surveys, but it can be a great way to deploy specialized NPS questions (for example, “How likely are you to recommend [this specific product] to a friend or colleague?”).
- Instant ratings enable real-time recording of customer responses as soon as they engage with the survey.
- Employee satisfaction surveys (eNPS and eSAT) available; regularly gauging employee NPS is a great way for managers to notice potential problems.
- Support-centric functionalities that include Zendesk and Pipedrive integrations.
- NiceReply offers a Free Trial for all its plans.
- The basic plan starts at $39 per month when billed annually.
AskNicely offers a comprehensive platform specifically designed for NPS measurement and management. This feature lets you gauge customer loyalty, identify promoters and detractors, and enhance overall customer satisfaction.
Best features 🌟
- NPS expertise: AskNicely’s specialization in NPS ensures a robust platform tailored for NPS surveys, analysis, and reporting. This tool simplifies the process of sending NPS surveys to customers at predetermined intervals, enhancing efficiency. The surveys are customizable.
- Real-time reporting: AskNicely provides real-time reporting and analytics, making it easy for you to monitor NPS scores and customer feedback trends.
- Clear analytics allow you to effortlessly assess performance at various locations, or at the individual team member level. You can gain immediate insights into what distinguishes your top achievers from others.
- Integration capabilities: it seamlessly integrates with various customer relationship management systems and third-party tools, streamlining workflows and bolstering data analysis capabilities.
AskNicely offers various pricing plans based on the required features and the number of surveys sent. You can contact them for an estimate.
Survey Sparrow allows you to create fun, interactive surveys with a conversational touch. Its standout feature lies in its chat-like survey design, which boosts participation rates significantly. Survey Sparrow is easy to use and offers numerous integrations. However, it should be noted that the analytics/reporting features aren’t as sophisticated as with other options on our list.
Best features 🌟
- Versatile survey distribution across multiple channels, including email, SMS, websites, social media, and offline mode.
- Dynamic surveys: users can craft dynamic surveys with conditional and skip logic, tailoring the survey experience to the respondents’ previous answers. This tool offers a wide range of question types, such as multiple-choice, ranking, and image-based questions.
- Employee Satisfaction and Product Satisfaction surveys: you can use Survey Sparrow to create eNPS (employee NPS) and other specialized surveys.
- Seamless integrations with popular third-party tools like CRMs and marketing automation software.
Survey Sparrow offers a free trial period; prices available on request.
With an array of features including over 50 survey templates and more than 100 survey question types, Qualtrics is a versatile tool with great analytics capabilities.
Best features 🌟
- Robust reporting: Qualtrics equips you with essential analytics tools to dissect survey responses using a diverse range of visual data representations, featuring over 30 graph types. It offers real-time dashboards and tools for advanced statistical analysis.
- Versatile survey creation: easy survey design, customization, and branding. The platform supports advanced question types and branching logic, facilitating the creation of more intricate and personalized survey experiences.
- Omnichannel support: you can use it to gather feedback through various channels such as web, mobile, email, SMS, and offline modes, ensuring flexibility in reaching respondents.
- Effortless integration with a variety of third-party systems, including CRM platforms, HR software, and business intelligence tools.
Qualtrics is a comprehensive customer experience platform, and it’s not necessarily the best option if you’re looking for a budget solution. You can contact them for a tailored estimate.
One of CustomerGauge’s standout features is its unique ability to automatically blend customer insights with revenue data. It excels in NPS surveys, offering robust analytics tools, including drill-down capabilities, trend analysis, and text analytics.
Best features 🌟
- Comprehensive reporting and visualization capabilities that facilitate a deeper understanding of touchpoints and areas that influence the customer experience. You can use its dashboard to establish objectives and targets, providing your team with additional motivation.
- Easy collaboration among teams: CustomerGauge enables action planning, task assignment, and progress tracking for customer experience initiatives.
- Integrates with various third-party systems, such as CRMs and helpdesk software, centralizing data and enhancing workflow efficiency.
- Training and support: while there is a learning curve to using CustomerGauge, they offer extensive documentation and they have a helpful support team.
Like with Qualtrics, potential clients should get in touch with CustomerGauge to work out a pricing plan.
Zonka Feedback is a versatile feedback solution equipped with real-time reporting and a collaborative inbox. It integrates with popular tools like CRM systems, helpdesk software, and messaging platforms.
Best features 🌟
- Omnichannel support, including email, SMS, tablets, kiosks, and more. This flexibility enables businesses to capture customer opinions effectively, and it’s a great option if you want to branch out from digital-only options.
- Fully customizable surveys, featuring a wide range of question types and branding options.
- Real-time feedback alerts: Zonka Feedback offers comprehensive reporting and automation features. With automated notifications and follow-up actions, you streamline feedback processes, and respond immediately to both promoters and detractors.
- Free 7-day trial with no credit card required.
Zonka Feedback offers three pricing tiers:
- Launch: Priced at $39 per month (billed annually), suitable for businesses that are just getting started with customer feedback collection.
- Scale: Priced at $199 per month (billed annually), this tier offers advanced automation workflows. It’s designed for businesses with a larger volume of feedback.
- Enterprise: The Enterprise plan offers custom pricing and features tailored to the specific requirements of larger organizations. It provides advanced features such as single sign-on (SSO), custom roles and permissions, and custom integrations.
How do you pick the best NPS tool for your business?
With so many options available, choosing the best NPS survey tool requires careful consideration of your company’s specific needs and goals.
- Define your priorities: List the features that are most important to your organization. Some common features to consider include survey customization, reporting and analytics, integration capabilities, and pricing.
Consider learning curves: Some NPS tools require no experience to use and they can be set up within minutes. If you’re in a hurry to get results and you’re working with a small team, that’s what you need.
Consider your existing workflows: When selecting a new NPS tool, check if it integrates with your chosen CRM software, email marketing platforms, and support tools. Some customer feedback management companies also offer custom integrations – for example, Simplesat works with clients to develop new integrations they need, or to find workarounds until the desired integration is available.
Keep scalability in mind: Consider your company’s growth potential. Choose a tool that can scale with your business, accommodating an increasing volume of surveys and responses without significant complications or cost increases.
Assess survey customization vs. ready-made options. You may prefer to design visually striking surveys that use your logo and established brand aesthetics. On the other hand, some tools offer a wide range of eye-catching designs that could be the right fit for you with no customization required.
Make sure you can customize questions and response types. Regardless of design choices, you want an NPS tool that lets you ask questions tailored to your business objectives.
Find out what happens if a customer clicks away mid-survey. Follow-up questions are a great way to understand customer preferences, but not everyone has the patience to complete multi-question surveys. You want a tool that logs the responses even if the customer leaves halfway through.
Learn about analytics and reporting capabilities before you commit to a new NPS tool. Exactly which features you want will depend on your industry and company size. Do you require sentiment analysis, text analytics, sentiment categorization? What about real-time survey response notifications?
We recommend making customer segmentation a must-have: it can help you understand NPS scores across demographics/industries, and you can take immediate action accordingly.
Look into the level of customer support provided by the vendor. Responsive customer support can be invaluable when you encounter issues or have questions about using the tool effectively.
Pricing & transparency: Understand the pricing structure of the NPS tool, including any subscription fees, per-survey costs, or additional charges for advanced features. Unfortunately, hidden costs are a possibility with some vendors.
Research user reviews: Seek references from companies that have used the NPS tool you’re considering. Real-world feedback is an irreplaceable resource.
Confirm the vendor’s commitment to data security and compliance: Ensure that the tool complies with data security regulations (e.g., GDPR, HIPAA) that are relevant in your region. You want a tool that offers robust data protection features to safeguard customer information.
Ultimately, the best NPS tool for your company will align with your specific objectives. Don’t settle for a tool that only provides a part of what you want.
There are excellent, user-friendly options out there. With the right tool, NPS data collection can be an effortless part of your customer satisfaction strategy; you can ask follow-up questions, track trends, and reach out to customers who’d be willing to help promote your brand.